Saturday, September 18, 2010

In the Midnight Hour

I posted last about the tag swap on Two Peas in a Bucket. I signed up for two spots and following is the tag that I completed for my Vintage Halloween group.

I was immediately drawn to this image of the woman in the Victorian bat costume. I think the fact that she was also a "lady"made me feel like it tied in to the first group as well. I went round and round with ideas but none of them seemed to work out, including a lid on the coffin or "lining" the coffin somehow with fabric. This one came together at the very last minute, of course, and was nothing like I had originally imagined. All in all, though, I really like the final result.

Here are the pictures of the finished project along with a listing of the techniques and embellishments used.

  1. Hand cut coffin shape from textured Bazzill paper;
  2. Hand cut and dry emboss wood grain texture on purple metallic paper;
  3. Hand cut, piece and layer lady image; ink costume; glitter shoes; attach with pop dots;
  4. Add vintage bat rhinestone from one of my favorite Etsy sellers as belt;
  5. Die cut, dry emboss, ink and glitter clock base on gold textured paper;
  6. Add Mother of Pearl button for clock face;
  7. Modge Podge vintage moon image to vintage bingo marker and add to clock face;
  8. Glue Moss bottom of tag;
  9. Cut piece of velvet embossed tulle;
  10. Tie bottom with beaded trim; add gold painted devil cocktail floater as charm;
  11. Deconstruct paper flowers; ink leaves; glue to material embellishment;
  12. Die cut; hand distress and ink fence to hold tag information;
  13. Take headstone image, add information in PSE; print on cardstock; cut and ink.

This has been a great swap and I have tried to stretch a bit and promised myself I would try at least 1 new technique every tag. This one was the dry embossing and I really do like the subtle extra that it adds.

Now, a slight break until I start the groups coming due in the next 30 days!

No comments: